Ways to convert website anonymous visitors into customers
Table of Contents
That all begins with data!
1. Capture the Data
By using first party information and supplementing it with second- and third-party data, you’ll be able to develop user profiles that will give you the power to customize every single interaction, for each and every visit to your site. Greeting your first-time visitors with the welcoming on-site message and personalized offer will motivate them to subscribe to your newsletter.
2. Optimise the Landing PageYou’ve probably heard the phrase “set yourself up for success”. This is true for the very core of the landing pages. Ensure that conversion rate is high on your list of priorities by making your pages clear, intuitive and focused.
- Use the appropriate headlines to answer user questions and speak to their needs.
- Make your content interesting and keep users engaged.
- Ensure it’s easy to navigate and flows well without being confusing.
3. Don’t Bombard the User
Many people run ad blockers on the internet today, those that don’t will quickly look to close the most annoying popups. If you do use popups, make sure that they are directed towards the user in a unique and powerful way. Free coupons created “just for you”, can sometimes give you bigger returns than “claim a coupon now”.
4. Split TestingCompare even the smallest of details when trying to optimise your page. Split test different images, different bullet points and different headings. Certain emotive words can feel more inviting and thus more likely to have users click to experience what you’re offering. Look at these two ad headings and decide which you would use:
- Enjoy a free coupon today.
- Claim a free coupon today.
5. PromotionsWork promotions into your business model by offering your clients the right type of promotions after you’ve captured some of their data. Giving them a coupon through Facebook, allowing you to see the interests and thus, crafting a valuable promotion, can make or break a customer relationship
6. Using Vital InformationGrow your email database and capture data whenever you can. The more non-invasive information you can garner, the better the customer’s journey will be. When you understand your customer, you’ll understand their needs.
If you want to be able to focus on sales conversions, you’ll need to delve deeper into the lives of your customers to be able to identify them. Knowing who they are, what their habits are and what kind of information they want to consume will give you the opportunity to provide personalisation and develop a long-lasting and memorable purchase journey throughout the entire experience.
Socital will take the gender, age, location, interests and brand affiliations into account, presenting that information to you as an e-commerce marketer, and give you the chance to make the right decisions for the users visiting your site.
Not only will you be able to convert visitors into customers, but you can grow your email database, monitors on-site behaviour and purchases and also eventually increase cart value based on need and want.